Art Director / Lead Artist at Sifteo, Inc.
at Sifteo, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Sifteo, a venture-backed consumer electronics start-up based in San Francisco, is seeking a hybrid art director / lead artist to help with creating a new generation of interactive games on a revolutionary platform.
We are looking for an artist who has a portfolio of 2D art that delights adults and children alike; can create art on their own and manage other artists; is passionate about games and learning; and is excited about jumping into a start up environment. You’ll be working with small teams and will be responsible for the look of a wide range of titles. In short, you need to be able to create high-quality game art quickly and with an eye for polish.
We are creating Sifteo cubes: wireless blocks with full color screens that interact with each other and respond to motion to unleash a whole new world of play and learning applications. Sifteo cubes feature technology spun out of the MIT Media Lab, and have been featured on Wired.com, Engadget, CNET, and more.
For more information about our product, see www.sifteo.com.
Yes, this is a position in a startup!
We’re well funded, and we can pay you. But if the two main priorities in your life are inherent security and the ability to rely on things planned months ahead, please stop reading this now and do something else. If curiosity, ability to suffer, resilience and clear sense of individual responsibility get you going, please continue reading. You’ll find and we expect a sense of truthfulness (towards oneself, each other and reality, learned the hard way), being demanding (is this the best you can do?) as well as extensiveness (have fun really grasping things in their entirety).*
• a strong portfolio of 2D game and interactive art for children and adults
• experience pushing pixels on small screens
• high standards for the aesthetic and technical quality of game art
• strong understanding of UI design and usability
• comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment in a small team
• pro-active, detailed, communicative and organized — you take pride in your work
• excited about Sifteo cubes, and ready to work hard with us
• own the overall aesthetic for Sifteo games in conjunction with the development director
• establish art direction for games in conjunction with designers
• create concept and production art for games
• manage contract artists and asset intake
• help to define best practices for art pipeline and workflow
• continue defining your role as we grow
Why you should work here:
• you have a vision for games that reach a wide audience
• we’ll trust you to do things right
• you’d be getting in early in a company that has massive potential
• you’ll feel satisfied that you’re creating something that people love
• we are working on something really awesome! Join us!
Please send resumes in PDF ONLY to email@example.com with subject “Art Director”
*The folks at work.io put this paragraph together. It totally captures what we want in our work culture. Thanks work.io for articulating this idea.
Please LOG IN to apply online.
Recent jobs at Sifteo, Inc.