Software Engineer: Analytics
at Octopart Inc in New York
Octopart builds tools to help engineers and scientists change the world. Our electronic part search engine is already being used by hundreds of thousands of engineers to design electronic hardware and we’re just getting started. Join our team and help us solve problems that will impact the pace of technological innovation.
We’re looking for a multidisciplinary engineer who is passionate about engineering and science but who ultimately loves to code. We want someone who is excited about extracting signals from noise and leveraging them to make Octopart better. We value self-motivated individuals who are always generating new ideas and testing them out in the real world.
- Create a framework to manage internal and external Octopart data (e.g. usage, uptime)
- Create and discover important metrics from data
- Use analytics information to optimize user-facing features
- Work on low-level code when a feature requires it
- Experience bringing projects to completion from scratch
- Deep understanding of statistical analyses
- Mastered at least one programming language. We write mostly Python.
- Extremely comfortable with Linux and databases.
- Background in mathematics or the physical sciences
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- A pony
Please LOG IN to apply online.
Recent jobs at Octopart Inc