Senior Systems Engineer
at Amazon.com in Seattle, WA
Apply at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/jobs/ref=j_sq_btn?jobSearchKeywords=181593&category=*&location=*&x=0&y=0
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. We build the systems and networks used by tens of thousands of Amazonians, hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices, a growing fleet of robots, and a countless number of other user types in our Fulfillment Centers around the world. We value performance, simplicity and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. In this position you will lead projects that yield visible and measurable change in Amazon’s Fulfillment Center environment. In this role you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from enterprise software/hardware to open source hardware/software to completely home brewed inventions to solve for the business needs.
This is a technical leadership position. Technicians and engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex problems. Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers simple and efficient. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You will occasionally travel to Fulfillment Centers in the US, Asia and Western Europe. We are looking for the best of the best, so please expect a rigorous technical interview process.
In this role you will have the opportunity to design solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. You will get to use your breadth of experience and knowledge in multiple technologies to architect and solve problems with innovative, scalable and robust designs. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands. You will consistently hear people ask you for things that sound impossible and then deliver a design that makes it possible.
• Deep expertise with the Linux operating system and its operation in a large scale production environment
• 5+ years’ of Systems Engineering/Administration experience in a large, distributed environment
• Extensive practical scripting experience in shell, Perl or Python
• Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Experience with C, C++ and Java
• Experience using Amazon Web Services
• Embedded systems hacking experience (Linux, Arduino, Mbed)
• Candidates should have significant experience with common internet protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, LPD and LDAP
• A background in Information Security
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science