Engineering Student Intern
at Falkor Systems, Inc. in New York
New York, NY (Soho)
Full- or Part-Time
Are you interested in robots? Do you like robots that fly? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn how to implement autonomous systems with the industry-leading open source artificial intelligence and robotics tools?
Falkor Systems, Inc., an early-stage startup developing autonomous flying robots for the commercial market, is looking for an engineering student intern. The intern will help us design and build our initial prototypes.
The company’s founder / CEO is a successful entrepreneur whose first company developed a pioneering product development strategy which led the United States government to substantially restructure its technology export control policy. The company eventually sold to Red Hat, Inc.
The intern will:
- prototype and build micro-controller and embedded systems electronic components
- develop computer vision algorithms
- construct flying robot airframes
- develop flying robot simulations
- participate in flight testing
- participate in PCB design and manufacture
Our ideal candidate:
- is pursuing a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering degree
- has a strong math background
- loves open source technology and is familiar with standard open source development tools
- is very familiar with the C++ and Python programming languages
- possesses a working familiarity with OpenCV, ROS, Arduino, Beaglebone
- has experience with hobbyist radio-controlled aircraft
- wants to get in on the ground floor of a world-changing startup
To apply, please email email@example.com
Please LOG IN to apply online.
Recent jobs at Falkor Systems, Inc.