Software and Controls Engineer (Lead Maker)
at Xilix Systems LLC in Austin, TX
Xilix Systems LLC is a Design and Manufacturing firm Based in Austin, TX. We develop custom automation for many industries including Oil and Gas, Food, Composites, along with many others. We have a dedicated staff of talented people looking to create the best and most innovative products on the market. We provide great benefits and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to work along great people.
You will be the lead on integrating software to hardware. The position will mostly revolve around creating interfaces to hardware along with creating some of the code that will run the machines. We use a variety of platforms and languages to accomplish what we need, however, the position will require independent thought and creativity is strongly encouraged
- While the majority of work will be frontend work, a strong understand of communicating to external hardware is greatly valued (creating client/server architectures, polling, etc…)
- Version control (yes, this is important)
- Be able to recommend technologies relevant to projects, this is an engineering position you will be expected to engineer, not just follow instructions.
- Travel is required for installations (Domestic and International)
- Program (4+ years any language)
- Design interfaces (using HTML, WPF, QML, etc…)
- Love what you do
- C#, Caliburn.Micro, Entity Framework
- HTML5, AngularJS, Polymer
- MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server
- Python, Flask
- C++, Qt Framework, QML
- Beckhoff Twincat 3, Structured Text
- Embedded design (PCB layout, etc…)
- Motion control algorithms (kinematics)
- Knowledge of Arduino, Netduino, etc…
Please list any open source project you have contributed to, special interest will be given to projects involving motion control. Candidates should be interested in designing, controlling, and interfacing with large scale projects similar to 3D printing.
Local candidates strongly preferred.
Please LOG IN to apply online.