Open Position – City Director:
BlueStamp, LLC is looking for an entrepreneurial, motivated, kind, and tech-savvy person to join our staff at the Director level in the California Bay Area. The role requires full time work similar to a teacher’s full time schedule load (Full time effort from October through July followed by lighter, remote work during the ‘break’ from August through September). Note: Exceptional candidates with a history of successfully managing more than one project at once may inquire about taking on a part time role throughout. We are a small, hard working team that loves to enjoy our work and the people we work with.
- Enrollment and PR. The Director will be responsible for driving enrollment growth and PR efforts during the application period (December-June). Specific tasks include:
- Connecting (via BSE’s founders) with existing school contacts to coordinate program demo’s
- Contacting new STEM teachers/administrators and speaking to various high schools in the area.
- Review students’ applications.
- Conduct student (with parent) interviews via in person coffee or skype meetings.
- Call student references.
- Send admissions/rejection notices to students and coordinate enrollment procedure (enrollment status, billing, and payment status).
- Staff Recruitment. The Director will publish job postings, review resumes, and interview summer staff candidates.
- Operate the Summer Program. The director will oversee all operations of the San Francisco and Palo Alto locations of BlueStamp engineering. Specific tasks include:
- Working with students and parents to ensure each student has a great experience.
- Managing a total staff of 20-25 between the two locations.
- Work with students, staff, and parents to select projects and get materials and tools ordered in advance of the program’s start.
- Oversee the 1 week Engineering Immersion program for incoming staff prior to the start of the program
- Coordinate and attend all Bay Area demo nights (up to 6) where students present their work).
- Coordinate a 2-day staff training for all Bay Area staff and 1-day room setup day for each location.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Engineering background and/or project experience is a plus
- Comfortable with speaking publicly to groups ranging from 10 to 100 students.
- Tech savvy: Education and/or experience (professional or hobbyist) in one or both of the following areas: (1) Emerging Technology (mobile, electronics, consumer, programming, energy, life sciences), (2) Technology Entrepreneurship
- Experience networking and reaching out to new contacts by phone and email.
- Desire to share the excitement of engineering with high school students.
- Excellent communication skills, unfettered honesty and integrity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision are all a must.
- Selected candidates must pass a background check.
Time Commitment and Flexibility:
- The work load is highest in the summer while the program is in session, and lighter from August through September, and then ramps up again in October through summer.
- Base salary + merit bonus varies depending on experience
- $50k-70k base salary for full time
- Up to an additional $30k total in merit and revenue-growth bonuses.
Download and complete the staff application from the website. Then submit via email along with a resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org