HACKADAY COMMUNITY MANAGER
The Hackaday.io community has over 300k members and 35k+ projects. We are growing quickly and we need your help! We are currently looking for part-time community managers in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, and other locations. Community managers work an agreed-upon number of hours per week (5 to 20) and are paid monthly as contract employees.
-Hackaday.com is a hugely popular tech blog, with 8-10 articles about hacks around the web per day and millions of monthly pageviews. Content is journalist created. Similar sites are Popular Science, Engadget (both are more mainstream), and MAKE.
-Hackaday.io is a popular project repository, similar to Github, but for hardware. Content is user generated. Projects on Hackaday.io range from electronics to mechanical designs to robotics to IoT and more.
-The Hackaday Superconference is our annual conference, taking place in November.
Hackaday's parent company Supplyframe is located in Pasadena, CA. There are satellite offices in San Francisco, Belgrade, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Austin.
You will work on expanding our community of technical individuals by helping out with our global events, running contests, workshops, promoting Hackaday at events through outreach and social media, working online with individuals to encourage their projects, and other initiatives.
Fast-paced, LGBTQ+ and minority friendly. We are awesomely nice and supportive people who work hard.
- Be the kind of person who takes out the trash because it needs to be done, not because you are asked to do it.
- Be a fast responder for a fast-paced job (be very online).
- Strong work ethic.
- Great communication skills. No grammar/ spelling/ typo issues.
- Experience with social media.
- Love for community building and content sharing.
- Education: BA or BS.
- Language: English (required), additional languages celebrated.
NICE TO HAVE
- Technical background with a portfolio of past work (Hackaday.io profile, etc).
- A strong social media profile that can enhance the Hackaday brand.
- Past record of growing a brand and online community.
DAY TO DAY YOU WILL
- Organize quarterly meetups (every 2 - 3 months) in your area.
- Be part of a team that finds hosts, promotes, and moderates a weekly Hack Chat online.
- Be part of a team that does outreach to creators who are under-repped in tech.
- Encourage new projects on Hackaday.io.
- Assist members with project visibility via social media, Reddit etc.
- Identify interesting content across the internet.
- Represent Hackaday.io in technical communities.
- Contribute to content marketing, with the aim of growing the community.
- Contribute to social media, on one of our many channels.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Autonomous work environment.
- Work with some of the best technologists in the world who love their jobs.
- Grow your own marketing and technical skills as you interact with the Hackaday community.
- Travel to conferences and events.
- Potential for full-time work, if you determine this is what you want.
- Competitive hourly pay, with raises, as you grow the community.
To apply, email: email@example.com with a resume and a brief (5 sentences max.) email. Please provide links to social media and writing samples.