This video of students talking about courses in the computer science and engineering program at Saigon South International School is a great way to understand the nature of this posting. View it here:
We are looking for an experienced and creative thinker to join the high school team in the 2020-2021 school year. In particular, we are looking for someone with:
- Experience teaching IBDP Computer Science with an emphasis on teaching both practical and theoretical computer science knowledge beyond programming skills (e.g. database design, networking, or interfacing software with hardware.)
- Experience teaching Computer Science, App or Web Development, and/or Robotics at the high school level
- A preference for project based courses that offer opportunities for creativity, problem solving, and design in addition to the development of computer science skills.
- Demonstrated success in creating a rich learning environment for students with a range of experience or skill in programming
- Experience or interest in CS related extra-curricular activities such as FIRST or VEX robotics, Hour of Code, Girls Can Code, or hack-a-thons will broaden the scope of our program beyond academics.
Visit the link below to apply for this posting: https://applyinternational.com/public/schools/101327/vacancies/2141