Hack Club (501(c)(3) nonprofit) is a community of teenagers around the world who are learning technology by building things they care about and sharing with other people. Hack Club is where teenage coders make friends, build together, and get inspiration.
If a teenager is coding outside of class, that’s Hack Club, and we’re here to try and create the most incredible learning community, tools, and services to support them to go far technically, and also grow personally with positive values.
Hack Club supports and grows our community by facilitating wholesome social spaces such as the online community and hackathons across the country, creating needed tools to support the ecosystem like Hack Club Bank and /z (a tool to create Zoom called used by 10,000+ students last year), providing resources and inspiration like workshops and AMAs, and having pathways to get involved in impressive collaborative open source projects such as building handheld game consoles, creating Hack Club Bank, making guides to assembly, and so on.
Hack Club is a shared interest, centered around a shared activity, with a shared ethic. We serve about 20,000 teenagers every year.
About the role
- Ensure high quality, vision aligned products are created, delivered and communicated, either as:
- Lead programmer and designer for technical projects, responsible directly for technical system design, programming and implementation, or as
- Technical project lead (typically 2-3 at a time). Responsibilities include:
- Owning technical system design
- Managing technical team members, including effectively delegating work, guiding them through technical challenges, reviewing and editing their work
- Overseeing all new feature development
- Working closely with producer, accountability partner, and leadership to design and execute on roadmap
- Hold product vision and always make sure the team delivers product aligned with vision
- Serve as a role model and mentor to Hack Club staff and an ambassador of Hack Club values. Inspire Hack Clubbers to deliver great products. Support and guide their career development.
- As an ambassador for Hack Club, communicate about work publicly, both directly and through team members, using regular Scrapbook and Ship posts on the Slack
- Support development of product and organization vision, and be involved in development of future products, priorities, and roadmaps
- Be a proactive problem solver, taking initiative to identify, fix and communicate about issues as soon as possible
- Be product and user focused
- Be a great communicator, focusing on transparency, clarity and regular ongoing and open communication
- Be a role model for our community, inspiring others to be their best
- Be a collaborative team member that embodies all the values of Hack Club and encourages others to do the same
- Be a continuous learner, staying on top of industry trends and bringing the learning back to Hack Club
Apply at https://hiring.hackclub.com/26020! This is the only application form that we monitor.