The da Vinci Workshop Educator oversees the Discovery Museum’s da Vinci Workshop, a permanent exhibit where visitors can tinker, design, build, and invent like the artist, scientist, engineer, and inventor Leonardo da Vinci. S/he works with the Director of STEAM Education to ensure that meaningful visitor experiences are provided in the da Vinci workshop, and supports the Museum’s overall mission to spark delight in learning by igniting curiosity and creativity in children and adults.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead engaging, meaningful hands-on learning experiences for visitors in the da Vinci workshop.
- Oversee the daily operations of the da Vinci Workshop, to include: organizing and keeping detailed inventory of supplies and materials; coordinating and facilitating regular exhibit offerings; maintaining hands-on activity kits; ensuring a safe and clean environment.
- Develop curriculum, with an emphasis on using everyday materials in creative design challenges, for both daily, public programming and occasional, themed workshop series.
- Document and evaluate programs for their effectiveness and to inform future program design.
- Together with the Director of STEAM Education, develop long-term educational initiatives for the da Vinci workshop and elsewhere on the Museum’s campus.
- Identify guest presenters and community partners with creative experiences that can be collaboratively developed into hands-on activities for Museum visitors in the da Vinci workshop.
- Support floor staff and volunteers as they interact with visitors in the exhibit; mentor and train staff on essential workshop experiences and goals.
- Participate in communities of practice around making and creative construction practices.
- Develop a general knowledge about the inventiveness and creativity of Leonardo da Vinci and develop ways of sharing this information with visitors.
- Additional duties as needed or required.
See full job description at: https://tinyurl.com/se5h3oj