LOOMIA is looking for a DFM Electrical Engineer/ Technologist in NYC who has a passion for electronic textiles and great products. A technical person with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The DFM Electrical Engineer/ Technologist position reports to our Chief Product Officer. Your job will consist of both creative work and engineering work, designing PCBS that are used for products on the market. We will also work with you on ideating around the product, researching product problems, and building prototypes. You should have DFM experience and be comfortable designing boards that can pass FCC and CE certification.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, hands on environment, and bring outstanding organizational skills to the table. The DFM Electrical Engineer/Technologist will play a critical role in partnering with the product team to invent and engineer enchanted products. This is a tremendous opportunity to grow, strengthen, and be a part of a high-impact organization during its growth phase.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct research, design e-textiles and design manufacturing-ready PCBs for LOOMIA products.
- Design QA tests for LOOMIA products for our manufacturer
- Aid the design team in building prototypes and improving the product
- Contribute creative ideas to the product team
- Manage sourcing of custom electronic parts and work with the Supply Chain manager for system integration
- Generate manufacturable files for boardhouse production
- Be comfortable going from Arduino prototype to market-ready boards without the support of a large technical team
- Lead the FCC and CE certification processes for our product
- Aid the entire design and engineering team with improvements to our core electronic textile technology.
- Work quickly and efficiently on boards and be able to alter existing eagle files.
- Test and troubleshoot electrical and material problems as they arise.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- 3+ years experience designing products that have gotten to market. You MUST know how to do DFM electronics.
- Good prototyping skills and a portfolio of creative projects
- A portfolio of schematics and boards you have developed
- Knowledge of Arduino and prototyping methods
- Familiarity with NFC and Bluetooth enabled circuits.
- MUST have startup experience or experience bring self-employed
- This position will start January 9th 2019
- We are offering $75,000 per year
- LOOMIA covers 100% of employees' healthcare premiums including medical, dental and vision.
- This is an on site position. You’ll work from our office and studio in Chinatown, Manhattan
- This is a temp-to-perm position. You will be temp for 3 months,at which point you will be eligible to become a full-time permanent employee.
If interested, please submit at: Careers at LOOMIA