Cosmic AES is looking for a BS, MS and PhD Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering graduates to join the team at Cosmic AES to fill the role of DSP and Communications Systems Engineers. Engineers in this position will work within a small (4-8 people) team and will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and supporting the operation of leading-edge signal processing and communications systems solutions for DoD and IC customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop capabilities for detection, demodulation and processing of terrestrial and SATCOM Radio Frequency (RF) signals
- Develop analytical techniques for identification, characterization, and survey of terrestrial and SATCOM RF signals
- Perform signals and protocol analysis and reverse engineering of terrestrial and SATCOM RF signals
- Perform software development and systems engineering in support of signal processing and communications systems solutions
- Support field testing and demonstration activities in US and overseas locations
Qualifications and Skills
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- A self-motived engineer with a passion for signal processing, communications systems, software development, and related topics
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Understanding of Digital Signal Processing concepts: Transform theory, sampling theory, filter design/implementation, common signal processing operations (correlation, convolution, etc).
- Understanding of Communication System Theory: Digital Modulation (PSK, QAM, OFDM, etc), Forward Error Correction, Carrier Frequency/Phase Tracking, Spread Spectrum Techniques.
- Ability to implement signal processing and communications algorithms in software defined radio frameworks such as GNURadio, Python, Matlab, C/C++, etc.
- Basic understanding of developing in a Linux environment.
- Ability to be a contributing member of a small engineering team
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more! (Cosmic contributes 85% of the medical plan cost for employees and 75% for dependent coverage)
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- Work/Life balance (Flex hours)
- Small Team Environment (3-7 people)
- Employee Referral Incentives
- 7 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays