Hello to all Electronics Technicians!
Who are we? We are a small tech start-up located both in Germany and the US. Currently we are working on designing intelligent sports equipment, which is why we need an extra pair of hands to support our tech team. If you are interested in pushing the way we analyse sports and wish to advance a new product unlike anything you have seen before, this is the job for you!
What can we offer you? We can offer you a great work environment with friendly and dedicated colleagues from all around the world. Our diverse team will help you to hone your skills and creativity. We believe in encouraging each employee’s individual talents, in order for them to reach their full potential. If you are hardworking, dedicated and curious, you will fit right in!
What kind of job is this? Independent Contractor, Remote position with occasional travel to Lehigh Valley, PA
What skills are required?
- Assemble PCBA with surface mount parts, down to 0201 size
- Must be able to solder and rework QFN and BGA parts with pitch down to 0.5mm
- Repair PCBAs, general troubleshooting and electronic measurements using multimeter, LCR meters and oscilloscopes.
- Must be able to read electronic schematics, bill of materials, view and use gerber files
Following skills are a plus, but not required:
- Use electronic CAD package like Eagle, KiKAD, Fusion 360 (electronic design), etc
- Enclosure and object design in Fusion 360 or Solid Works
- General Maker skills, 3D Design and Printing, Laser Cutter &, CNC Mill handling
- Experience with microcontroller/embedded designs. Firmware programming of one of the following: Arduino, ST Microcontrollers, ESP32, PIC, Atmel, etc
This is a contract position; the candidate must be able to provide their own work space equipped with following tools and equipment (we might be able to lend few missing items if needed):
- Soldering iron
- Hot air rework station
- Stereo microscope for micro-electronics work
- Multimeter, LCR meter & oscilloscope with at least 100Mhz bandwidth
Reimbursement will be provided for consumables, parts and materials.
Candidates must be located or be ok to travel on occasion to Lehigh Valley Area, PA for meetings with other team members once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Candidates must be available for Zoom video meetings and be able to dedicate at least 10 hours a week to this job.
How do I apply for this position? Send us your resume and why you wish to work for us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional questions about the position are also always welcome. We look forward to welcoming you as part of our team!