Bantam Tools Desktop Milling Machines provide professional reliability and precision at an affordable price. Bantam Tools is exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing.
We empower our customers to make precision parts on the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, saving them time and money. We open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Engineers use our products to fabricate their designs at the high speed of desktop iteration. Ultimately, we are building the future we want to see by empowering engineers and students with affordable, modern, professional-quality tools.
We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer for development of exciting new consumer-oriented design tools.
Bantam Tools will be shifting operations from California to Peekskill, NY in late 2018. The ideal applicant will be comfortable working in the NYC and Hudson Valley areas and be enthusiastic to set the standard and culture when we open our Peekskill HQ in the fall of 2018.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position would involve close collaboration with software developers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and a product manager. Candidates have expertise in most or all of the following fields:
- Proficient in designing multi-axis stepper motor control systems
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers, such as the STM32 series
- Familiarity with real-time kernels, such as OpenRTOS
- Adept at reading complex electronics schematics and understanding PCB layouts
- Knowledge of serial and parallel communication protocols, such as USB, SPI, UART, I2C, and SDIO
- Skilled using debug hardware such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, digital multimeters
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative team alongside electrical and mechanical engineers
- Capable of being effective in a remote environment
- 5 years+ experience in Embedded Firmware
- Portfolio of past projects
- Experience with using CNC machines, fabrication labs, and/or desktop manufacturing methods.
This is a full-time position in the NYC Hudson Valley region. Bantam Tools will be shifting operations from California to Peekskill, NY towards the end of 2018. The ideal applicant already lives in NY and would be willing to work in Peekskill, NY, with the possibility of visiting our CA offices before the move to work with our current R&D team.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.