As the Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for crafting, prototyping, and testing solutions that help solve our customers’ most difficult hardware assembly challenges. This role is a hybrid of hacker and patient maker– someone who can quickly build and test complex parts and assemblies, and then turn around and provide practical feedback to improve function and manufacturing techniques. The ultimate candidate makes informed design suggestions to team engineers and clients that help build and iterate the best possible products.
Here are some qualities we look for in an Engineering Technician:
- Passion for helping clients develop new products and to continually improve the process of product development
- Proficiency building prototypes with techniques such as 3D printing, laser cutting, manual milling, casting, and soldering
- Understanding of scalable manufacturing methods such as CNC machining, injection molding, ultrasonic welding, stamping, and heat staking
- Relevant experience building and assembling complex integrated assemblies, requiring both an extremely high attention to detail and fine motor skills
- Excellent team communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks across multiple parallel projects
If this sounds like you, please apply on our website.
YOUR ROLE: Engineering Technician
WHERE YOU LIVE: San Francisco Bay Area
- Minimum of 2 years experience fabricating and assembling mechanical prototypes
- Technical associate degree or bachelor’s degree
- Basic familiarity with engineering CAD software (SolidWorks is our main MCAD package)
- Knowledge of 3D printing methods, design for 3D printing, and processing of 3D printed parts
- Experience maintaining and using mechanical shop equipment and tools including laser cutters, mill, band saw, and drill press
- Experience with assembly and prototyping techniques such as 3D printing, silicone casting, CNC machining, soldering, ultrasonic welding, heat staking, and forming
- Knowledge of plastic and metal materials used in both production part design and prototyping efforts
- Knowledge of commonly employed engineering fastening methods, such as screws, snap-fits, and adhesives
- Experience with electromechanical systems such as sensors, motor drives, battery enclosures, light pipes, touchscreens, and input peripherals
Please apply on our website
Mindtribe, part of Accenture Industry X.0
For over 20 years, Mindtribe has been developing groundbreaking connected hardware products for clients. This includes work on the first Tesla Roadster, the Square credit card Reader and Stand, and the Sonos Play:5 speaker. Our clients span a range of industries from consumer electronics to medical devices, automotive, and robotics. Mindtribe recently joined Accenture to lead connected hardware development as part of a new group called Industry X.0. The mission of Industry X.0 is to revolutionize clients’ businesses and products by providing world-class hardware engineering, software engineering, artificial intelligence, design, and strategy services all under one roof. Now part of a larger team, Mindtribe still operates like a small company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.