Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode. Learn more at sphero.com.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
As our FP&A Analyst - Sales you will be responsible for analysis and planning including trends, forecasting, reporting, setting up margin structures, sales compensation, metrics, and analytics. Working in our Finance team, you will own sales analysis and planning needed to improve performance to meet revenue and growth objectives. You will directly support our global sales team with the creation and implementation of sales tools, operational support, direct and indirect channel partner support, and new business development. In this role, you will report to the FP&A Manager.
- Develop tools and methods to forecast for our three revenue sources: Education, Retail, and Subscription.
- Optimize and experiment to improve key metrics that meaningfully impact our business.
- Create, implement, and manage sales tracking tools, including partner sell-through reporting, revenue tracking, and trend analysis.
- Run analysis to discover efficient sales practices and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Create weekly sales summaries for our executive team.
- Manage and improve the sales team compensation model.
- Collaborate closely with operations and FP&A to ensure accurate inventory allocation, movement, and production.
- Track and evaluate effectiveness of promotional sales channel activity.
- Manage and maintain accurate Salesforce data through communication with sales reps and operations.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- 4-6 years combined experience in a Sales, Finance, or Sales Operations role.
- Experience coordinating with an enterprise, B2B sales team.
- Prior experience with a CRM (such as Salesforce) and an ERP (such as NetSuite).
- Proven record of forecasting sales in a B2B sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a number of projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with the sales and partner communities.
- Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple partners collectively and cohesively.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.