At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that help keep your mouth healthy. We are always looking for superstars of their field of work or study to join our team.
quip’s Innovation team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re passionate about good design and good engineering, we want to talk.
The right candidate is an electrical engineer to help build our product portfolio, including both existing and in-process mechatronic products. You will dive deep into materials, methods, and innovate entirely new production methodology to support innovative products that the team invents together. You should be comfortable with high volume production projects, inventing novel solutions within a tight schedule and a rigorous team work ethic.
- Manage root cause analysis
- Engineer and design verification test characterization
- Partnering with a team of 5 designers and engineers to a product roadmap to influence quip subscribers
- Execute complex assemblies across multiple disciplines and contribute engineering rigor to the concepting, prototyping, and design of our newest products (Projects will involve advanced sensors and PCBAs, precision CNC, and world-class tier 1 CMs)
- Troubleshoot problems in-person with foreign teams local in India, South China and other territories
- Manage simulation and Bread-boarding for analysis and design optimization
- Manage schematic, PCB Layout and BOM reviews
- Deep understanding of component selection and cost down performance evaluations
- Comfort working crossfuntionally with Customer Experience, Logistics, and Operations teams to collaborate on product quality and problem solving across the entire organization
- A night owl schedule that lets you join phone calls with team members, suppliers, engineers, and other designers across the globe
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience with Electronic circuit design for consumer electronic products
- Orcad Schematic capture and PCB layout design flow
- SMT ROHS soldering Issues and DFA
- Signal integrity issues with SPI and I2C interfaces
- Power management circuits, including buck and boost regulators, LDOs, and all supporting components
- Alkaline and NiMH battery performance characterization
- Circuit design techniques for low power consumption
- Analog interface design for noise immunity
- Analog circuit design, including timers, sensors, and drivers
- Digital circuit design, including DDR3 interfaces
- Experience in projects involving electronics covering both processor and analog worlds is a plus
- Attention to detail, and a drive to achieve excellence
- Excellent communication skills and able to work past communication and language barriers
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work hours and an open vacation policy
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- You will be working in a high energy, fast paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks
We're looking for full time candidates. You should be local in the NYC area and able to work with us in-office on a daily basis in Dumbo, Brooklyn.