Are you excited about bringing true intelligence to the smallest of devices?
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning (TinyML). We believe that machine learning will enable the valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth or power constraints. Our framework provides data ingestion, labeling, training, and deployment capabilities to accelerate developers' success with ML on the edge.
As the lead TinyML engineer at Edge Impulse you'll have the opportunity to not just work in, but define the field of TinyML and work at the cutting edge of ML, embedded and SaaS. You'll work with our customers, our developer community, and partners on creating the building blocks for intelligent devices. One day you'll work on our data ingestion pipeline, the next day you'll add new machine learning algorithms to our embedded SDK, and another day you'll create better visualizations in our frontend.
You have experience in building end-to-end IoT systems, feel comfortable in both C and a higher level languages, and have a strong interest in machine learning and signal processing.
What will I be accountable for?
- You build software that helps with every aspect of TinyML. This includes data collection of real devices, training and validation of machine learning models, deploying trained models back to embedded devices, and monitoring the performance of devices after deployment.
- You work with our ML engineers on designing models that are as small and as efficient as possible.
- Represent Edge Impulse in the wider TinyML community. The field is still defining itself and we're looking at you to continue building our relationships with the ML teams at Google, Arm, and others.
- Assist our customers on defining the right data acquisition strategies. What data should be collected, how do they get this data off devices, and what hardware do they need to get the most out of our software.
- Work with our developer community, look at how they use our software, and see how we can improve.
- You’ll help us grow the team, and take a leading position in our engineering organization.
- Be an excellent software developer that has shipped embedded software in C or C++.
- Experience in a higher level language.
- Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
- Curious and inventive. You'll break new ground on a daily basis, and know how to deal with this.
- Strong interest in machine learning.
- You like working with a developer community. We want Edge Impulse to be the place where developers go to build TinyML models and learn from others.
Bonus points if...
- You have experience with machine learning.
- You have a background in signal processing
- You have experience building scalable web services.
- You're willing to travel. Our customers are all over the world, and sometimes it's easier to get a feel for problems if you're sitting next to the sensors.
What we offer
- The chance to be an early employee in a field-defining startup involved since the beginning of TinyML.
- A well-funded startup with founders who care about team, users and values.
- An awesome product with a committed lead customer ramping up for public release to all developers.
- We value work-life balance, and are building a remote-first organization.
- We are committed to open source embedded software and will be working with leading open source projects like TensorFlow as well as our own device SDK.
- We already have locations in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, but if you’re awesome and comfortable working remotely we’re cool with that too!