- 1 active job
Do you miss your Lego blocks or spend hours building cool models digging into piles of colourful bits and pieces? Heard of Roblox? Do you self-identify as a “maker”?
At MakerBrane, we’re building the future of toys on a software-first platform. We’re on a mission to democratize the toy industry by allowing different brands to interface with each other, physically as well as digitally (through an online 3D builder). We are brand agnostics and want to open play.
Our mission needs its own building blocks: experts, versatile teammates and MakerBrane first lovers. This is your chance to join a funded, award-winning startup at an early stage where your expertise will help shape the company.
Our Techcrunch Battlefield pitch video will give you a small glimpse of what we're building.
Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? You'll be the first social marketing manager to join our growing team at MakerBrane. In this role you’ll help bring together all the threads of a story and weave coherent narratives across multiple platforms to raise awareness of MakerBrane, and help build our online community. We're looking at you if you're someone who knows how to use social media not (just) to fire metric-raising clickbait out into the ether, but actually to tell a coherent cross-platform story that people want to engage with.
In addition to setting a cohesive social marketing strategy, you're responsible for crafting original text and video content, creating posts and responding to followers.
You will work closely with the founders, our growth lead, and coordinate with the rest of our cross-functional team.
- Evaluate our options for social media platforms and management tools, and help us select and maintain the right ones based on our ideal target customers.
- Own the strategy, planning, execution and ongoing optimization for MakerBrane's social media channels.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence across platforms that are deemed relevant.
- Define and track goals for our social media strategy, tying key social metrics back to core business objectives. Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on metrics and social media ROI (including SEO and web traffic.)
- Build our approach to storytelling, in light of an understanding who we are speaking with and why. Collaborate with other team members to ensure brand consistency and brand personality.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content. Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry.
- Identify and genuinely connect with the relevant influencers in order to grow MakerBrane community.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Build and animate an engaged community of MakerBrane fans.
● 4+ years of work experience in digital marketing in general and preferably in the consumer/internet/maker space. You can share an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects that set the benchmark for creative excellence.
● Integrated marketing mindset with a passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written. Sound experience in brand and creative strategy is a strong plus with an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid, earned and owned channels—Especially in context of community-building.
● Experience thinking differently and finding ways to present ideas that no one will be expecting.
● Familiarity with SEO is a plus.
● You have an active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network.
● You can deliver creative content (text, image and video.)
● Strong budget and project management skills, attention to detail and excellent communication in English—written and verbal.
● You thrive within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
● You’re strategic and tactical—hands on.
The more of these you tick, the more you come close to our perfect candidate (but nobody's perfect, right?). If this job is for you - wherever you are based - send a CV and a quick paragraph about yourself and why you’d want to join our mission.