Location: Headquarters in Santa Cruz, CA and Cocoa Beach, FL
( Preference for local. But we would consider remote for the right candidate)
At JoyLabz/MakeyMakey we gathered a group of kindred spirits who believe that everyone is an inventor. We make paradigm-shifting educational creative tools. We are seeking an executive leader to work with the Founder & current CEO (currently heading up R&D and brand/philosophy) to lead the company toward a thriving future. If you love small alacritous teams, big dreams, and promulgating thought freedom in education, then please reach out.
• Communicating the vision/direction to every employee so they feel they are part of something bigger than themselves and that their role is important.
• Business Development on existing and innovative fronts.
• Leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work of the team, with compassion. Developing leaders internally throughout the team.
• Holding quarterly meetings to communicate business results and direction with stakeholders.
• Formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business, using the input of the employees.
• Maintaining awareness of the competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, new industry developments and standards.
• Forecasting for product and cash flow by working with team or CPA/CFO.
• Handling legal (contracts, IP infringement) and IP (Patents, TM, Copyright) matters.
• 10+ years experience in top business leadership positions or equivalent experience.
• MBA or street equivalent from deep experience.
Prefer a Candidate with a passion for and knowledge of some of the following:
• Educational and learning innovation
• Maker culture and building things
• Creative process
• New technology
• Non-traditional marketing / Growth hacking experience
• Growing a small to mid-size tech business