Marketing/ Hardware advocate
The Hackaday.io community has over 300k members and 35k+ projects. We are growing quickly and we need your help!
This is an entry level contract full-time job that will lead to permanent full-time employment within 6 months. Job is located in Pasadena, CA or Austin, TX.
To apply: email email@example.com with a resume and a brief (5 sentences max.) email.
Hackaday.io is the best repository for project content online, similar to how Github is a repository for code content. Projects on Hackaday.io range from electronics to mechanical designs to robotics to interfaces and much more.
Hackaday's parent company Supplyframe is located in Pasadena, CA. There are satellite offices in San Francisco, Belgrade, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Austin.
You will work on expanding our community of technical individuals by helping out with our global events, running contests, and other initiatives.
Fast-paced, LGBTQ+ and minority friendly. We are awesomely nice and supportive people who work hard.
- Be the kind of person who takes out the trash because it needs to be done, not because you are asked to do it.
- Great communication skills. No grammar/ spelling/ typo issues.
- Love organizing and attending events.
- Experience with social media.
- Love for community building and content sharing.
- Be a fast responder for a fast-paced job (be very online)
NICE TO HAVE
- Technical background with a portfolio of past work (Hackaday.io profile, etc).
- A strong social media profile that can enhance the Hackaday brand.
- Past record of growing a brand and online community.
DAY TO DAY YOU WILL
- Set up events and meet-ups domestic and global.
- Assist members with project visibility via social media, Reddit etc.
- Identify interesting content across the internet.
- Represent Hackaday.io in technical communities.
- Contribute to content marketing, with the aim of growing the community.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary $70 - 80k /year + incredible benefits.
- Work with some of the best technologists in the world
- Autonomous work environment
- Job Type: Contract (6 month trial) to full-time
- Location: Austin, TX or Pasadena, CA
- Experience: You have been working for at least 1 - 3 years after graduation
- Education: BA or BS or equivalent life experience
- Language: English (required), additional languages celebrated
- Travel: 5 - 15%
- To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a brief (5 sentences max.) email.