Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode. Learn more at sphero.com.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
A frontend engineer with experience working as an integrated part of our marketing team. As a member of our marketing technology team, you'll help build solutions to expand our reach, raise awareness, and drive sales on sphero.com.
- Implement and refine our email marketing program.
- Build personalized landing pages.
- Optimize our E-commerce store.
- Build internal tools and customer-facing solutions to support key marketing initiatives.
- Deliver great customer experiences.
- Drive revenue growth for the business.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- 3+ years of UI development experience.
- Strong HTML skills and an advanced understanding of the DOM.
- Knowledge of technical implementation of ARIA and other web accessibility standards.
- Pixel-perfect CSS skills, web animation, css transitions, and elegant use of motion in web UI.
- Experience implementing responsive layouts from static design files.
- Strong understanding of user experience best practices and elements of interaction design.
- Front end styling and templating (HTML, SASS/CSS).
- Strong understanding of modern web development tools and frameworks (native web components, vue.js, react, css).
- Strong understanding of web services and standards (AJAX, JWT, JSON, local storage, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience building HTML marketing emails.
- Experience working with Mailchimp, SailThru, or other email service provider.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience implementing event tracking for analytics data pipelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, creative, technical and analytical.
- Ability to present technical information in non-technical terms to co-workers and management.
- Always thinking mobile first.
- Experience with SailThru or MailChimp.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, and Cloud technologies.
- Unit testing and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with conversion rate optimization and personalization.
- Experience with Google Optimize, Optimizely, or other A/B split-testing tools.
- Experience with marketing automation or customer data platforms.
- Experience with digital audience segmentation via digital ad platforms.
- Experience with web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics).
- Experience with Magento.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.