Bantam Tools Desktop Milling Machines provide professional reliability and precision at an affordable price. Bantam Tools is exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing.
We empower our customers to make precision parts on the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, saving them time and money. We open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Engineers use our products to fabricate their designs at the high speed of desktop iteration. Ultimately, we are building the future we want to see by empowering engineers and students with affordable, modern, professional-quality tools.
We are looking for a Product Manager for development of exciting new hardware-software consumer-oriented design tools.
Bantam Tools will be shifting operations from California to Peekskill, NY in late 2018. The ideal applicant will be comfortable working in the NYC and Hudson Valley areas and be enthusiastic to set the standard and culture when we open our Peekskill HQ in late 2018.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams developing hardware-software products through complete lifecycle, with focus on development and launch phases.
- Lead teams of software developers, mechanical engineers, and electrical engineers.
- Work with leadership to define product vision, strategy, roadmap, milestones and project timelines.
- Work closely with leadership to make sure that product features meet larger company goals.
- Identify and negotiate product trade-offs, and ward off scope creep.
- Work with engineering teams to define technical requirements for hardware, electrical and software systems.
- Drive a culture of transparency where leadership is made aware of progress and risks. Strong communication skills, and ability to be transparent about what’s going well and what’s not.
- Strong project management skills: Ability to translate the roadmap into concrete tasks that are organized and assigned to various engineers. Ability to communicate closely with team members to assess a given individual’s workload, progress, blocks and areas where resources should be shifted in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, content, supply chain to coordinate launch and product support.
- Manage the roadmap: define the roadmap, and align the team on feature prioritization.
- Run and participate in user testing sessions and incorporate that feedback into future iterations.
- Manage a team that is both in-house and remote, full-time and consultant.
- Define hiring needs, write job requirements and interview suitable applicants.
- Capable of being effective in a remote environment for transition period.
Candidates have expertise in most or all of the following:
- 3+ years of experience in product development and / or product management. Experience building hardware-software products is preferred.
- A degree in a technical discipline (or practical equivalent experience).
- Experience owning a product through a full development lifecycle.
- Experience leading and/or managing a highly collaborative team consisting of software, electrical, and mechanical engineers.
- Experience leading an agile development team.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team through sprint planning.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic, data-driven mentality. Ability to keep the big picture while also diving into the weeds when necessary.
- Capable of holding teams accountable for meeting internal deadlines, and shipping products on a regular basis.
- Proven track record of shipping successful products – from conception to market.
- Self-starter who takes ownership over her/his work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with using CNC machines, fabrication labs, and/or desktop manufacturing methods.
- Prior experience working with HW, firmware, CAD, or 3D technologies.
This is a full-time position in the NYC Hudson Valley region. Bantam Tools will be shifting operations from California to Peekskill, NY towards the end of 2018. The ideal applicant already lives in NY and would be willing to work in Peekskill, NY, with the possibility of visiting our CA offices before the move to work with our current R&D team.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.