Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. littleBits democratizes hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with their platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
You will be working with a top-notch engineering, design, and product management team - a key player in an organization that breathes innovation.
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers and colleagues achieve our mission.
- Contribute to architecture and product definition.
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- Experience in developing and iterating on UX that delights users.
- Understanding of transport protocols such as BLE, USB and Wireless.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to form collaborative and positive relationships with both technical colleagues and business partners.
- Excellent technical communication.
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables, and author technical specs.
- Establish priorities and deliver against company goals and metrics.
- Experience working with React and React Native.
- Have developed mobile apps in either Swift or Kotlin.
- Experience with start-ups and agile software processes.
- Delivery-focused entrepreneurial mindset and bias towards action.
- Experience with the rest of our stack: Ruby, Node.js, MySQL, Neo4j.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.