At MicroKits, we build STEM learning opportunities for the next generation. Our kits are musical, approachable, fun, and a great way to start learning electronics. Thousands of students and hobbyists have learned the basics of electronics with our Theremin Electronic Kit. And we are preparing to launch our next product, a miniature synthesizer. Business is growing and we need your help preparing our kits.
What's The Job:
- Build electronic science kits. Count parts, place stickers, assemble packaging, and create finished retail products.
- Manage logistics. Receive and organize production materials, track inventory levels, and send out customer orders.
- No special skills needed. We provide detailed work instructions and training.
- Position is offered as part time (up to 20 hours a week), with opportunity for additional hours as business grows.
Who You Are:
- Excited to work at the intersection of music, electronics, and education.
- Can work independently and communicate clearly.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to count and manipulate small electronic parts and wires.
- Ability to transport yourself to our office, conveniently located in McIntire Plaza a few blocks north of downtown Charlottesville.
Why Work Here:
- Join a young, growing company. Have the option to take on different roles as the company grows.
- Learn new skills related to manufacturing, ecommerce, and electrical engineering.
- Flexibility to work part time at a schedule that works for you, as long as enough kits are built each week.
- Make a student or hobbyist happy with each kit you complete!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.