As the Senior Electrical Engineer on our Aircraft team at Matternet, you will be responsible for evolving new designs and unlocking future capabilities for the Matternet drone delivery system.
You will take on the unique challenge of combining the need to optimize power, weight, and cost with the expectations of aerospace-grade safety and reliability.
This role will assume organizational responsibilities of design control, QC, supplier interaction, etc., while working in a cross-functional team of Mechanical, Mechatronic, Embedded, Electrical, and Software Engineers to develop best-in-class technology for on-demand, aerial delivery in urban environments. This role is application-oriented; the main technical challenges are in system layout and integration of sub-systems (i.e. integrating existing solutions in our drones).
If desired, as our team continues to grow, there will be an opportunity to take on the responsibility of building up the Electrical Engineering team.
- Own system architecture and implementation of Analog and Digital circuits in high-reliability application
- Have expert level proficiency in one or more of the industry-accepted EE design CAD programs.
- Own the electrical systems roadmap for future updates and next-generation UAVs
- Provide sustaining engineering support to existing UAV platform, including troubleshooting problems in the manufacture, testing or operation of the existing platforms, in addition to new features and upgrades
- Mentor other engineers in the team(s) and therefore being a clear communicator is a key requirement for success in this role
- Be a hands-on development lead for design, prototype validation & test and be skilled in using tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, LCR meters
- Use electrical circuit simulation tools to verify designs
- 8+ years of proven industry experience with a history of successfully delivering diverse safety-critical or Aerospace designs into series manufacture
- A solid foundation in analog and digital circuitry and schematic design
- Experience with multi-layer (6+) PCBs and designing real-time applications with high-speed processors
- Experience with high-density layout design practices
- Experience designing for EMI/RFI and signal/power integrity
- Experience with battery chargers/balancers and DC power electronics
- Experience with I2C, UART, CAN, USB, SPI or other high-speed serial links
- Experience with design for reliability in high vibration and high-temperature environments with accelerated lifetime testing and other methods of ensuring robustness
- Experience with architecture design for redundancy and fault tolerance
- Expertise in Altium for design and version control of schematics and board design/manufacturing
- Experience in the aviation, robotics, automotive or medical device/equipment industries
- Experience with programming languages C++, Python or Firmware and embedded code
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow!
- The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401 (k) program, and flexible time off.
- The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.