We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to empower everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
Product Management at littleBits is different: we build software that interacts with modular, internally designed hardware. We blend software and hardware to craft engaging experiences for kids and educators. Our team is on a mission to build a platform that will support both. Your job is to help us define and build this platform and the experiences that it enables.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design, develop and launch digital/software experiences for our physical products. This cross-functional team includes Design (software & physical), Software Engineering, and Hardware Engineering
- Create, synthesize, and maintain product charters, feature backlogs, roadmaps based on interactions with business stakeholders, customers, and other cross-functional teammates
- Manage the roadmaps for specific product areas in Jira: features, bugs, chores, and align the team on feature prioritization given software engineering resource constraints
- Maintain product documentation including but not limited to functional requirements, timelines, sprint planning, & retrospectives.
- Run and participate in user testing sessions and incorporate that feedback into designs
- Lead the cross-functional team through standard Agile ceremonies (sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives, etc)
- Identify, prioritize and run tests designed to increase engagement
- A minimum of 6+ years in software product management
- Expert with Agile methodologies and leading software products throughout entire lifecycle
- Experience analyzing market data, identifying/tracking KPI’s, and identifying new functional areas for product development
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with customers, articulate their pain-points and drive requirements from them
- Ability to self-prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience breaking down complex problems into small, well-defined analytical pieces to support Designers, Engineers, and other squad team members throughout the product development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience managing expectations with multiple stakeholders and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable with numbers, generating reports, SQL and basic statistical analysis
- Experience with software-hardware products a nice to have
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AT littleBits:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter discounts, FSA, paid family leave , and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and an unlimited vacation and sick day policy