Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode. Learn more at sphero.com.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
- Participate in the creative process from concept to creation!
- Mature the Sphero SDK and apps to enable internal and external app and game hacker/maker experiences with our robots.
- Work closely with software, firmware and hardware engineering teams to implement world-class robots and experiences.
- Lead innovative software development, and introduce development best practices and processes.
- Mentor mid-level and junior software engineers.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
You are a maker, creator, tinkerer, innovator, or the like, and want to influence the world of connected play and learning. You have a passion for learning and growing your technical skills (e.g. languages, platforms, patterns), as well as for mentoring other software engineers.
More specifically, you have:
- A minimum of 3+ years prior experience with TypeScript.
- A minimum of 1+ years prior experience with a cross-platform desktop framework such as Electron, and / or mobile cross-platform frameworks such as React Native or Ionic.
- Experience with Swagger, D3.js, Vue.js a plus.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Proven leadership abilities in the software engineering and agile development.
- Positive attitude and excitement about hardware and robotics.
- Great release estimation skills, with a proven ability to deliver on time.
- Strong collaborator, with an excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading within Agile and/or Scrum processes, with the ability to influence and help design development best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent skill set.
- Python, C# or native mobile development experience a plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth/Bluetooth LE communication protocol a plus.
- Experience with hardware and robotics or gaming software a plus.
- Experience working within a startup culture/company a plus.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.