Our lab is integrating new sensors into the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data stream to enable flexible and self-navigating medical imaging protocols. This multi-sensor strategy will utilize data sampled at high rates to monitor body motion and vital signals to augment traditional MRI data, which can suffer from poor temporal resolution. Engineers will have the opportunity to explore and build sensor arrays using off-the-shelf devices (i.e. optical, infrared, ultrasonic, radar, and radiofrequency) that are controlled with prototyping platforms such as Arduino in a unique and dedicated test bay. Hardware development will be followed by machine learning based approaches to exploit the richness of the multi-parametric data to synthesize artifact-free images with unprecedented temporal resolution.
Desired qualifications for this position include
- Bachelors or Masters degree in electrical engineering, computer science, signal communications, or related fields within biomedical engineering
- Background in sensors, electronics, communication, and/or electromagnetic interference
- Strong programming skills for hardware automation and data acquisition (Python, MATLAB, or other scripting languages)
- Interest in future technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations
- Hands-on experience with lab (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.) and fabrication (3D modeling, circuit board design, etc.) equipment
- Self motivated, independent thinker with good problem solving ability
The Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2R) is a research facility embedded in the radiology department of the NYU School of Medicine. Our mission is to connect basic research on biomedical imaging with routine patient care. Located at the heart of
Manhattan, our center comprises more than 100 researchers, basic MR scientists, clinical investigators, and research technicians. We take pride in our collaborative atmosphere and expect our team members to be team players. To learn more about us, visit https://cai2r.net/.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
Interested applicants are invited to send a CV, academic transcript, overview of open-source or maker-type projects that they have worked on, and contact information for 1 or more references to email@example.com