- 3 active jobs
***APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE VIA JOBS.DIGITALMEDIAACADEMY.ORG/SUMMER-POSITIONS.****
Who We're Looking For
We are currently hiring Robotics instructors for our summer camp at Stanford University.This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and project-based learning environment where innovation and creativity is key to success. You'll certainly learn just as much as you teach!
About Our Robotics Instructor Roles
Digital Media Academy provides full curriculums, all equipment and supplies, just bring your robotics expertise! Instructors are expected to be content experts who can teach engagingly and patiently.
Weekly class dates are listed below. Courses run Monday - Friday from 9:00a - 4:30p. Instructors may work multiple weeks and must be available from 8:30a - 5p or 5:30p for their assigned weeks
- July 15 - 19: Arduino Robotics - ages 12 - 17
- July 22 - 26: Python & Electrical Engineering with Pi-Top - ages 12 - 17
- July 29 - August 2: Arduino Robotics - ages 12 - 17
- August 5 - 9: Python & Electrical Engineering with Pi-Top- ages 12 - 17
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work and one-on-one with students
- Utilize DMA provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TA’s who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students and/or a sub-group of students during the week
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after camp on a designated day each week
- Assist with set up before camp starts and classroom turnover at the end of each week as necessary
- Assist with student check in and orientation on Monday mornings
Compensation & Salary
- Instructors: $1100 - 1200 per week, commensurate with experience.
- Staff members who would like to live on campus at Stanford may do so for $400/wk. This excludes the week of July 15. This amount is deducted from the staff members weekly salary and includes weekday meals.
How to Apply
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. All applicants must apply online via job website to be considered.