Summer Camp Teaching Assistants - Robotics & Engineering - Digital Media Academy Corp
- 3 active jobs
Founded in 2002 at Stanford University, Digital Media Academy (DMA) is an education company whose core business is developing and running technology camps and courses for kids, teens and adults at prestigious universities across the U.S. and Canada. Digital Media Academy is also rapidly expanding internationally, hosting students from all over the world at its camps each year, and offering STEAM programs abroad.
Locations & Dates
Digital Media Academy is in operation from June 12 - August 23, however not all camps will run for all weeks. Teaching Assistants (TAs) are scheduled on a weekly basis depending on the courses running and available openings each week.
- Stanford: June 12 - August 16
- UCLA: June 12 - July 12
- UC Irvine: June 12 - July 12
- Austin: June 12 - July 12
- U.Chicago: June 19 - July 19
- Houston: June 26 - July 26
- UCSD: July 3 - August 9
- NYU: July 3 - August 16
- UBC: July 3 - August 9
- GWU: July 3 - August 9
- Duke: July 3 - July 26
- Toronto: July 10 - August 23
- Seattle: July 10 - August 9
- Penn: July 10 - August 2
- Harvard: July 24 - August 23
- McGill: July 3 1 - August 23
Review our FAQ at jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/jobs-FAQ for more information.
Teaching Assistant Job Description
TAs assist a lead instructor with daily instructional & classroom responsibilities as well as participating in character development, team building, and recreational activities during breaks and non-class time. TAs help to provide a positive and memorable experience for our students. Along with a passion for technology and working with youth, our TAs must have an excellent work ethic and a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend Monday morning staff meeting and assist with welcoming students and parents during morning registration.
- Assist in teaching one or more Digital Media Academy course(s) under the direction of the lead instructor. Depending on enrollment and the needs each day in the different courses, you may move from class to class on a given day. TA’s may be required to learn the curriculum for multiple courses.
- Work with students in small groups, as well as one-on-one, to help them learn concepts and complete projects
- TA’s who are assigned to accompany and supervise students to lunch each day will ensuring safety and supervision of all students at all times. Assigned TAs will receive lunch meal cards when they accompany campers to lunch.
- Assist with daily check-in and check-out process of all students, under the direction of the Camp Director.
- Collaborate daily (as necessary) with the Instructor for the course in which you are working as a Teaching Assistant, so that you understand where and how best to assist them in delivering a positive and successful learning experience for each student.
- Support the overall Friday Showcase and assist with the individual class showcase.
- Help Instructors track classroom supplies (retrieving items from the camp office, making copies, etc.)
- Provide troubleshooting support for systems and other hardware in the classroom
- Check-out, monitor, and return all equipment provided for your course each week.
- Help maintain and monitor all equipment to ensure they remain in proper working order.
- Observe student behavior, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques when necessary. Inform Camp Director of significant or serious behavior issues.
- Assist with turnover by prepping computers and classrooms for the following Monday.
- All TA staff must assist with camp location setup (typically the Saturday before the 1st week of camp regardless of your contract start date) and assist with camp tear down (last-Friday of camp if scheduled that week).
Pre-Camp Training & Certification
- Online Training: Review all-staff, instructor, TA, and course-specific training manuals and videos. Participate in all training activities prior to arriving on campus.
- Web Orientations: 1) Participate in a TA orientation 2) Participate in online curriculum orientations for each course you will be assisting in.
- On-Campus Orientation: Participate in a face-to-face orientation and staff training at your main location site.
- Certification: Complete First Aid and CPR online training and provide Digital Media Academy with documentation that certification for both are up-to-date prior to joining your campus site. Refer to HR communications or FAQ for approved organizations.
Schedule, if assigned to TA for that week
- Monday: 7:30am to 5:00-5:30 pm or until staff debrief is complete
- Tuesday – Thursday: 8:30am to 5:00-5:30pm or until all supervised students are checked out
- Friday: 8:30am – 5:00-5:30pm or until turnover is complete
TA compensation starts at $675/wk for Duke and Houston locations, $775/wk for Stanford, UCSD and Chicago locations, and $725/wk for all other locations.
Housing accommodations, travel, and parking are not provided by Digital Media Academy and are the responsibility of the staff member.
How to Apply
Submit your application via jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. Please contact us at email@example.com with inquiries.
Note that Digital Media Academy is also hiring for Tech Assistants, Instructors and Day Camp Counselors at all locations. Descriptions can be found on our site!